Activities Attendants I and II
Department: Mountain Operations
This is a Full Time or Part Time, Winter Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
The Activities Attendant I and II provides excellent customer and member service in relation to outdoor activities, to include but not limited to: answering questions about outdoor activities, answering questions about equipment, assisting with equipment for: ice skating, snow shoeing, Nordic skiing, overseeing the operation of mini snow mobiles (children’s size), snow mobile rides, horse sleigh rides, and snow tubing. The Activities Attendant I and II assists guests in fitting/assigning proper equipment and informs them on how to operate in a fun yet always safe manner. There may be other winter activities, events, or promotions that the Activities Attendant I and II may assist at or with, as requested by his/her supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Politely checking membership cards, activities tickets, to log use of facilities
- Communicate clearly and demonstrate detailed knowledge of each of the activities
- Distribute activities equipment, providing instructions on how to safely enjoy our offerings
- Able to properly fit and distribute appropriate equipment for activities
- Able to provide accurate information about Hermitage Club activities to members and guests
- Shoveling including ice rink, Sugar House area, sidewalks, doorways, and other areas as needed
- Safe operation of snowmobiles for transportation, grooming and other purposes
- Assist in the maintenance, repair and security of activities’ equipment
- Assist in upkeep of the appearance of activity sites to ensure neatness and orderliness so as to exceed the guest/members’ expectations
- Awareness of weather conditions and shutting down or modifying operations in the event of severe wind, snow, ice, thunder or other unusual weather conditions that may affect the safety of any activity
- Facilitate the sale of activities tickets and equipment rentals with potentially using a POS (point of sale) workstations with Resort Suites software
- Assist snowmobile tours with orientation, protective equipment, and act as 2nd guide as requested
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Must have taken a Vermont Snowmobile Safety Course. (Will provide if needed.)
- Must demonstrate a comfort and willingness to work in an outdoor environment
- Must learn safety procedures of all related activities offered by The Hermitage Club
- Must learn current activities and events offered by The Hermitage Club so as to be informed to answer questions
- Able to effectively communicate with guests and members of all ages
- Able to effectively communicate with other staff and managers cross departmentally and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Able to maintain a clean, tidy and professional appearance
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must be self-motivated and responsible, punctual and organized
- Able to be flexible and willing to encounter surprises and change.
- Must be flexible, with the ability to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Able to complete other duties as assigned by management or supervisor
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to lift at least 70 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work outside in adverse weather conditions.
Qualified and interested applicants should complete an online application and email their resume firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hermitage Club is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.