Job Title: Communications and Social Media Manager
Type: Full Time, Year Round
The Communications and Social Media Manager is both a wordsmith and a social rock star. This individual is a dynamic professional who thrives in an energetic and fun environment. This role is the point person for creating and executing online content and identifying new social trends and functionality to increase our engagement with the online audience. The Communications and Social Media Manager is responsible for moving an initiative from an idea to execution through proposal preparation and then overseeing the production process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate written content for email, web, snow reports, newsletters and other marketing materials maintaining consistent look, feel and voice of the Hermitage Club.
- Work with Sr. Director of Marketing to manage all internal communications and coordinate and disseminate information to members.
- Plan, write and distribute press releases and host journalists.
- Represent the Hermitage Club at industry events.
- Build and maintain key media lists. Benchmark, measure and report results.
- Create content and update website pages as needed (WordPress).
- Create and manage engaging, shareable content across all channels, including social, website(s), and ensure alignment with overall marketing message.
- Manage our social presence and creative executions on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Partner to develop and execute strategic plans and promotions to grow followers and increase engagement within social channels.
- Identify, research, and recommend innovative social opportunities concentrating on trends and cutting edge innovation.
- Monitor and engage daily in relevant social discussions with our customers.
- Work to maximize the value of our partnerships throughout the year via social channels.
- Actively research current trends related to market and competition, including analyzing current digital marketing tactics, concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to self-manage while managing projects under tight deadlines.
- Create and manage social scorecard to present results to broader organization.
- Other duties or projects as required by supervisor and or management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism or other communications-based fields required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in communications-based fields and website best practices highly desired
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Possesses impeccable verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adopt the “voice of The Hermitage Club”
- Possesses visual intelligence – what images work best with content
- Able to interact with and develop meaningful relationships with internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of Constant Contact/MailChimp
- Knowledge of WordPress/Blogging
- Is proactive in seeking out relevant news
- Must be a creative, forward-thinker who will bring ideas to the team
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to manage time and multi-task
- Possesses working knowledge of ski resort operations
- Advanced skier or rider highly desired
- Ability to work events, occasional evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Publisher, basic HTML
- Acts as a role model in Hermitage Club Service Standards, professionalism and warmth
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time. Also walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach
The Hermitage Club is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.