Department: Building and Grounds
This is a Full Time, Year Round position at The Hermitage Club.
Job Summary and Essential Functions
The primary goal is to safely install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment to ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
Tasks and Duties:
- Respond and attend to employee and guest repair requests
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic electrical repairs on all types of equipment; kitchen appliances, plumbing (e.g. automatic sensor systems) and electrical components (e.g. change lightbulbs and fixtures)
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools, kitchen, housekeeping and mechanical room equipment
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Inspect and diagnose malfunctioning tools, equipment, electrical systems, apparatus and components
- Use testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeter, etc.
- Test generators, elevators, emergency lighting, fire panels, etc.
- Reports, labels and documents all electrical circuit breakers, timers, etc. in all buildings
- Prepares sketches, blueprints and other documentation showing the location of wiring, sizes of fuses, and other information to document the electrical system
- Perform general housekeeping and engineering related inventory duties
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed
- Communicate daily activates and problems that occur to other shifts using approved communication programs and standards
- Administrative duties in regards to records and file keeping
- Perform pre-operational room checks and maintain reports and logs as required
- Complete other duties as requested by your supervisor
Education and/or Experience:
- Master or Journeyman Electricians License
- Minimum of three-year experience required in commercial electrical systems
- Knowledge of Vermont state and local codes related to electrical systems
- Knowledge of snowmaking and ski lift electrical systems preferred
- Must have a phone that is able to send/receive email
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Efficient multi-tasker, organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, proactive and reliable
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work outside in adverse weather conditions for long periods of time
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able and willing to work weekends, holidays and evenings as required
- Ability to move, lift, push or pull 80lbs. or more
- Need to be flexible and open to new ideas and changing priorities
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Must be willing to operate within the guidelines of the Hermitage Club Safety Policy
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record that meets Hermitage Club Driving Standards
Qualified and interested applicants should complete an online application and email their resume email@example.com
The Hermitage Club is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.