Department: Club Operations
This is a Full Time, Year Round position at The Hermitage Club.
Now hiring qualified applicants for a newly created position at our Hermitage Club. Our plan calls for building 600+ residential units over the next 7 to 10 years.
We are seeking an expeditious, dedicated, passionate, and organized individual to start as the first lead designer in this department and grow the business with our team from there.
Essential Job Duties
- Confer with clients to determine factors affecting planning interior environments such as budget, architectural preferences, purpose and function
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment in color coordination
- Formulate environmental plan to be practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity or selling merchandise
- Select samples including flooring, carpet, and paint to be approved by the client
- Choose color palette
- Plan architectural details such as crown molding in building bookshelves
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Research online to purchase artwork for spaces from dedicated vendors
- Work with vendors on selection of pieces
- Negotiate prices
- Plan and estimate budgets for projects
- Submit drawings for approval by company construction inspector to ensure the design needs building codes
- Draw floor plans and sketches space
- Use computer aided design (CAD) to create drawings
- Supervise decorating a room
- Hang drapes and artwork
- Contract out services to other company vendors including painting and carpeting
- Oversee and lead assistants and/or team members who carry out their plans and perform administrative tasks
- Arrange furniture
- Coordinate work schedules
- Follow up with client to ensure design specifications have been met
- Exceptional phone, email, and people skills are essential
- Advanced accounting skills are necessary
- Four-year minimum college education required, with three to seven years’ relevant experience
- Must be on site in our design center on weekends during heavy season. Can work and live in Connecticut, Massachusetts, or New York
Salary and bonus commensurate with experience
Qualified and interested applicants should complete an online application and email their resume email@example.com
The Hermitage Club is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.