Department: Food & Beverage
This is a Full Time, Winter Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
Reports to: Beverage Manager; Restaurant Manager; Assistant
Food and Beverage Manager; or Clubhouse Manager
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- One year of bartending experience.
- Stocks bar and completes other pre-opening requirements.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic beverages according to standard recipes.
- Skilled at slowing and refusing alcoholic beverage service when necessary.
- Complies with basic safety and sanitation requirements.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of club’s POS system or comparable POS system preferred.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of department and daily club operations, including events and operating hours.
- Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
- Ability to work large or small events with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Cleans bar and completes other pre-closing requirements.
- Assures that all state and local laws and club policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Prepare, pour and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Requires knowledge of all aspects of mixology including food/wine pairings and wine presentation and service.
- Inspects the bar prior to opening to ensure that adequate supplies are available.
- Requests additional supplies as necessary and stocks the bar.
- Follows set-up procedures.
- Prepares garnishes, fruits mixes and pre-mixed drinks prior to opening bar.
- Greets members and guests.
- Mixes, prepares and serves drinks to members and guests and mixes and prepares drinks ordered
by food and beverage servers according to approved standard recipes.
- Collects checks and payments for drinks served.
- Reports complaints to a manager as they occur.
- Maintains and cleans bar area and equipment.
- Maintains records of liquors, beers and wine to ensure bar stock is maintained at all times.
- Cleans and locks the bar area according to prescribed closing procedures.
- Ensures that all food items are correctly stored, labeled, dated and rotated to prevent any health
or safety hazards from occurring, and takes precautions against possible spoilage.
- Attends staff meetings including pre-shift (line-up) sessions and training as required.
- Carefully follows all laws and club policies and procedures regarding alcoholic beverage service and
informs manager if continued service to a member or guest is in question.
- Serves drinks to members and guests seated at lounge tables in the absence of a beverage server.
- Continually practices beverage and revenue control procedures.
- Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
- Completes other appropriate work assignments as requested by supervisor.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Alcohol beverage certification.
- Of legal age to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.