Department: Food & Beverage
This is a Full Time/Part Time, Winter Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
Related Titles: Busser; Runner; Waiter’s Assistant;
Banquet Bus Person; Food Runner
Reports to: Food Server
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of one year work experience in a fine dining environment.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
• Follows all club guidelines pertaining to table setting, order taking and sequence of service.
• Knows and is able to communicate the menu items and daily specials.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Set and clean dining room tables before, during and after meal service; assist food servers with miscellaneous tasks.
• Assists Servers in their set-up, service and clean-up tasks.
• Serves water as members and guests are seated.
• Assists in carrying food trays to tables.
• Removes soiled dishes from table; brings to dish-washing area.
• Removes soiled linen and replaces with clean linen.
• Sets tables with silverware, glassware and other items.
• Cleans dining room areas.
• Stocks servers’ station with supplies.
• Dusts chairs before and after meals.
• Keeps ice bins and buckets filled.
• Cleans and stores child high chairs and booster seats.
• Collects soiled linen from dining room; transfers to linen pick-up area.
• Takes packaged take-out orders to reception stand for member pick-up.
• Folds napkins and bread basket linens.
• Cleans-up spills, broken service ware and attends to similar problems during service with minimal
disruption to diners.
• Assists Dining Room Manager and other employees in assuring that the club’s policies and procedures for serving alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
• May assist banquet personnel in setting-up, serving and cleaning up after banquet functions.
• Polishes silver service items.
• Attends pre-service training (line-up meeting).
• Moves tables and chairs as needed for the next member and guest diners.
• Re-sets tables at end of shift for the next meal period.
• Assists with banquet and buffet setup.
• Helps to maintain a fully stocked buffet.
• Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
Licenses and Special Requirements
• Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Food safety certification.
• Alcoholic beverage certification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
• Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
• Continuous repetitive motions.
• Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.