Department: Food & Beverage
This is a Part Time, Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
Related Title: Expediter
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Education and/or Experience
• One month related experience or training.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in
following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Ensures prompt and polite service to the members and guests. Serves as the liaison between the kitchen and servers.
Carries food trays to appropriate tables and serves food to guests. Responsible for preparing service stations,
clearing and resetting tables, removing all trays from the dining/banquet rooms and cleaning and closing service
• Assists servers.
• Ensures all service stations in the kitchen are stocked and ready for service.
• Ensures plated hot food leaves the kitchen quickly.
• Carefully matches all food items to correct orders.
• Carries food trays to tables using the correct seat positions on the ticket
• Maintains cleanliness of service stations in kitchen while ensuring that the kitchen is free from clutter and
that the kitchen floor is a clean and safe work area.
• Ensures that bread, soup and other food products are available.
• Ensures that all items in “to go” orders are correctly assembled and labels them by stapling the ticket to the
• Wipes up spills or drips on the rims of dishes and ensures the consistency of plate presentation.
• Assists Server in the dining room with clearing soiled dishes, filling waters and setting the dining room.
• Breaks down and cleans service stations in the kitchen at the end of the shift.
• Reports complaints to manager on duty when received.
• Opens meeting rooms and function areas prior to the start of the meetings and functions.
• Verifies that all scheduled functions are set according to Banquet Event Order specifications.
• Responsible for storing equipment and materials properly and in the correct areas.
• Ensures that all storerooms and equipment storage areas are orderly and clean.
• Sets up indoor meeting and outdoor banquet function areas with the appropriate equipment and materials,
including tables, chairs, glasses, china and any other items requested.
• Inspects equipment for defects, cleanliness or any maintenance that needs to be completed and reported to
• Responsible for setting coffee breaks according to Food and Beverage standards.
• Retrieves and returns function linens to proper locations.
• Prepares all banquet functions for the following day according to the supervisor’s directions and Banquet
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Special Requirements
• Alcoholic beverage certification.
• Of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch, bend, stretch, and twist or reach.
• Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
• Continuous repetitive motions.
• Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.