Department: Food & Beverage
This is a Part Time, Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
Related Titles: Server, Waiter; or Waitress
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Supervises: No supervisory duties included in this position
Education and/or Experience
• Grade 12 education.
• Two years of comparable wait service experience preferred.
• The ability to read, write and execute basic math skills.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
• Greet and acknowledge members and guests.
• Is knowledgeable about the menu, buffet and wine list.
• Ability to time the service of each course.
• Learns members’ names and their special preferences.
• Knowledge of wines.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Provide food and beverage service to club members and guests.
• Sets up side station and performs assigned side (prep) work.
• Provides immediate attention to all members and guests upon seating.
• Makes sure that children are in the appropriate type of seat and are safe and secure.
• Distributes food and wine menus; answers questions.
• Fills glasses with ice water and suggests menu items.
• Ensure that the correct account numbers and names are given for billing.
• Efficiently serves food and drinks in a friendly and courteous manner, offers suggestions on daily specials
and wine selections.
• Places orders with kitchen; informs cooks about any special cooking instructions.
• Assembles food on tray; procures items from each station as necessary.
• Serves meals; places dishes by courses in front of each person.
• Checks back to ensure member and guest satisfaction; replenishes water and butter as necessary.
• Removes soiled dishes. Clears tables after each course and resets them with appropriate silverware.
• Presents dessert menus, suggests and serves dessert, coffee and after-dinner drinks.
• Verifies accuracy of prices, state and federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks.
• Presents the bill.
• Handles all cash and credit card charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
• Keeps dining room and bus station areas clean.
• Clears, cleans and resets tables that have been vacated.
• Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
• Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by manager.
• Attends pre-meal meetings as requested by the Restaurant Manager.
• Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
• Consistently follows local and state laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic
beverages to members and guests.
• Performs other appropriate duties assigned by Restaurant Manager.
Licenses and Special Requirements
• Of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Alcoholic beverage certification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
• Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
• Continuous repetitive motions.
• Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.