Line Prep Cook
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a Part Time, Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED desired
- Successful completion of a two-year course at culinary school desired
- A minimum of two years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking required.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
- Prepares menu items as needed for member or guest service.
- Follows all state and local health and food safety regulations.
- Follows all safety procedures for operating and cleaning machinery.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Cooks and prepares a variety of food products, including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces and stocks according to the club’s standard recipes using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the daily prep list.
- Take inventory of all items required for station set-up and determine those items that require preparation.
- Prepares items according to standard recipes.
- Coordinates and times orders with other kitchen operations.
- Requisitions items needed to produce menu items.
- Notifies Sous Chef of expected shortages.
- Ensures that assigned work areas and equipment are clean and sanitary.
- Sets-up, maintains and breaks down prep cook station.
- Covers, dates and neatly stores all leftover products that are re-usable.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the line prep area and equipment.
- Closes the kitchen properly using the closing checklist.
- Attends kitchen staff meetings and offers suggestions for improvements.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by Sous Chef.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Food safety certification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
If you have what it takes to deliver above industry standards, please forward resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Location: These positions are part time seasonal positions; candidates must be commutable to W. Dover, VT.
The Hermitage Club is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.