This is a Part Time or Full Time, Winter Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
We are now seeking teachers to work in our infant through preschool center based childcare for the 2017/2018 winter season, with opportunities for full time year round employment!
Teachers provide direct care and supervision of children, and oversee the creation and implementation of the curriculum. Teachers lead groups of children through their learning and daily experiences. Teachers should be familiar with the Vermont CBCCPP regulations and have experience working with either infants, toddlers, or preschoolers in a licensed childcare program.
See our childcare page for information about our program!
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the program curriculum.
- Carries out classroom procedures, including diapering, toileting, and discipline as per state regulations for a CBCCPP facility.
- Assists with supervising teaching associates, teaching assistants, and teaching aides.
- Facilitates and supervises developmentally appropriate organized activities, centers, and free play.
- Assists with parent communication at the start and close of each day about their child’s routine, meals, toileting, and napping.
- Minimum Age: 20
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field. Or, a bachelor’s degree in any field with at least 30 college credits with an early childhood or school age focus.
- Minimum Experience: One year working with groups of children from grade 3 or younger.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work outside in winter conditions