This is a Part Time, Winter Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
We are now seeking teaching aides to work in our infant through preschool center based childcare for the 2017/2018 winter season!
This caregiver serves as a one-on-one aide for children with special needs, and assists teachers with curriculum preparation, cleaning, set-up, and other essential functions in the childcare center.
See our childcare page for information about our program!
Essential Job Functions:
- May assist with set-up or implementation of program curriculum, while guided by a teacher, teacher associate, or teacher assistant.
- May be required to work one-on-one with children needed extra care or guidance during group activities or free play.
- Interact in developmentally appropriate ways with children age 4 and under during guided curricular activities or free play.
- Assist with daily operational functions of the classroom, including but not limited to laundry, cleaning, organization, inventories, etc.
- Assists with and facilitates age appropriate organized activities and free play.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED
- Within the first year of employment, must complete a three college credit course in child or human development or in school age care and education.
- Minimum Experience: None required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work outside in winter conditions