This is a Part Time or Full Time, Winter Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
We are now seeking teaching assistants to work in our infant through preschool center based childcare for the 2017/2018 winter season!
Teaching assistants provide direct care and supervision of children, and are responsible for the implementation of the curriculum. Teaching assistants should be familiar with the Vermont CBCCPP regulations and have some experience working with either infants, toddlers, or preschoolers.
See our childcare page for information about our program!
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the implementation of the program curriculum.
- Responsible for the health, safety, and well-being of children while they are in care.
- Carries out classroom procedures while supervised by a teacher or teaching associate, including diapering, toileting, and discipline as per state regulations for a CBCCPP facility.
- Facilitates age appropriate organized activities and free play.
- Assists (if needed) with parent communication at the close of each day about their child’s routine, meals, toileting, and napping.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Minimum Education: Current CDA. Or, at a 3 college credit course with an early childhood or school age focus.
- Minimum Experience: One year working with groups of children from grade 3 or younger.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work outside in winter conditions