This is a Part Time or Full Time, Winter Seasonal position at The Hermitage Club.
We are now seeking teaching associates to work in our infant through preschool center based childcare for the 2017/2018 winter season, with opportunities for full time year round employment!
Teaching associates provide direct care and supervision of children, and assist with the creation and implementation of the curriculum. Teaching associates often lead groups of children. Teaching associates should be familiar with the Vermont CBCCPP regulations and have experience working with either infants, toddlers, or preschoolers.
See our childcare page for information about our program!
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the implementation of the program curriculum.
- May be asked to assist with creation of program curriculum.
- Carries out classroom procedures including diapering, toileting, and discipline as per state regulations for a CBCCPP facility.
- Facilitates developmentally appropriate organized activities, centers, and free play.
- Assists with parent communication at the start and close of each day about their child’s routine, meals, toileting, and napping.
- Minimum Age: 20
- Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field. Or, at least 21 college credits with an early childhood or school age focus
- Minimum Experience: One year working with groups of children from grade 3 or younger.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work outside in winter conditions