Department: Events, Clubhouse Operations
This is a Full Time, Year Round Seasonal position at the Hermitage Club.
The Wedding Coordinator will plan, manage, coordinate and execute all aspects of clients’ weddings. The successful candidate must be able to work in/relocate to the West Dover/Wilmington, Vermont, area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts in a professional, responsive and prompt manner regarding all wedding leads and questions
- Conducts initial consultation with the bride, groom and associated family members
- Provides site tours and educates clients on all resort event spaces, lodging offerings and amenities
- Professionally clarifies and aligns expectations and establishes a budget
- Documents and coordinates all ancillary details, including but not limited to: transportation, unique requests and lodging for clients
- Authors a wedding proposal based upon clients’ requests
- Provides all information required to bring clients to contract
- Knowledgeable in the use of Salesforce.com
- Knowledgeable in ResortSuites for authoring Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and all applicable billing matters
- Works with digital marketing and advertising/public relations departments to advertise and properly market wedding event offerings, specials and packages
- Attends national wedding expos and associated events on an as-needed basis to market and advertise the Hermitage Club’s offerings
- Leads and interfaces with all operational departments required to fulfill event needs and understands quantifies and details all associated costs (labor, materials, etc.)
- Defines and then executes event details through accurate BEOs and revises as necessary in order to exceed client expectations and capture and meet last minute changes
- Understands the importance of flexibility and devises alternative or emergency plans for outdoor and indoor activities
- Completes special projects as related to supporting resort offerings.
- Attends weekly BEO meetings and other resort management meetings on an as-needed basis and proactively leads all coordination associated with weddings and associated pre- and post-events (rehearsal dinners, post wedding celebrations, etc.)
- Acts as a role model in Hermitage Club Service Standards, professionalism and warmth
Qualifications / Experience:
- A BS in Hospitality Management or a related field is desired.
- A minimum of 4 years in a Wedding Coordinator role or closely related role is required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite is required.
- A sincere customer service mindset and communicative style with all clients is required.
- The ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees throughout the organization is required.
- The ability to problem solve, work independently and proactively bring issues to resolution is required.
- The ability to have a flexible work schedule and adhere to the Hermitage Club Operating Schedule is required.
- The ability to attend scheduled staff meetings and other relevant cross departmental meetings on an as needed basis.
- The ability to adapt and flex work schedule in order to support other assignments and projects as required by Vice President of Conference and Group Sales and Owner/President.
- Experience in Salesforce.com and ResortSuites is desired.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- The ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal employees as well as vendors, contractors, etc.
- The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment that is sometimes stressful.
- The ability to read, write and understand English.
- The ability to be knowledgeable of and operate within the guidelines of the Hermitage Club’s Safety Policy.